Building Families First Community Development Organization, Inc.
38099 Schoolcraft Road, Ste 125 Livonia, MI 48140 734-743-1351
2nd Chance Ministries
2535 Michigan Ave.
Detroit Mi 48216
Our Goals & Objectives
• Provide safe, clean, affordable housing
• Provide effective social services
• Partner with our residents
• Improve the quality of life for residents
• Encourage employment and self-sufficiency
• Help residents move out of assisted housing programs
Provide affordable housing opportunities for low-income residents while laying the foundation for economic sustainability.
Redevelopment principles for BFFCDO include:
BFFCDO will continue to serve as a affordable housing provider for low-income households, offering opportunities that
- Maximize our assets and resources to increase the supply of affordable housing opportunities for low and moderate income households;
- Revitalize undervalued, blighted neighborhood areas through affordable housing development,
- Facilitate economic opportunities;
- Improve the quality of life for residents.
Creating strategic initiatives to build sustainable neighborhoods that are vibrant and diverse by:
• Affordable housing redevelopment that protects neighborhoods from disinvestment and blight;
• Housing redevelopment that fills unmet housing needs and prioritizes low-income individuals and families;
• Market rate single family housing redevelopment that improves neighborhood income mix and stability;
• Public and community uses that benefit neighborhoods;
• Coordination with other investment strategies and redevelopment plans geared toward improving neighborhood quality of life,
including public transportation, employment, education, health care, recreation, and other initiatives.
Rebuilding Established Homes for Affordable Buyers
BFFCDO is a housing subsidiary of BFFCO a non-profit Community Organization. It is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. BFFCDO is governed by a six-member board of directors that includes local low-income resident.
38099 Schoolcraft Suite 125
Livonia MI 48150
Mon - Fri 9am-5pm
Weekends - CLOSED